If you’re searching for a deliciously decadent dark chocolate pretzel bark recipe, you just found it! The combination of rich dark chocolate and salty pretzels will have everyone coming back for more.
We absolutely love this dark chocolate pretzel bark recipe around here! It’s an easy dessert to make, and the perfect sweet and salty treat to accompany your family movie nights, or to give as a great gift in a jar during the holiday time of year.
Although we can’t say there’s much nutrition going on in this recipe, it can be a little bit more of a healthy treat since you’re using dark chocolate! I mean, it might be a stretch but I’ll allow it if you will.
Whether you’re looking for an easy recipe for the holiday season, or just craving a salty snack, you’ll absolutely love and adore this dark chocolate bark recipe.
Why You’ll love this Delicious Dark Chocolate Pretzel Bark Recipe
- This dark chocolate caramel pretzel bark recipe uses minimal ingredients, so you can throw this tasty dessert together fast for the whole family.
- Using dark chocolate in combination with salty ingredients gives this delicious snack the perfect amount of sweetness.
- This simple recipe is the perfect holiday treat and easy to transport to a family gathering or party in an air-tight container.
- Microwave-safe bowl or glass bowl with small saucepan for double boiler
- Rubber spatula
- Wax paper
- Cookie sheet or baking pan
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Mini pretzels
- ½ cup caramels
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Sea salt flakes
How to Make this Easy Dark Chocolate Pretzel Bark Recipe
Step 1: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
Step 2: Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring until smooth. You can also use a double boiler to melt the chocolate if you prefer.
Step 3: Pour melted chocolate onto lined sheet and spread evenly into a rectangle shape.
Step 4: Press the pretzels gently into the chocolate.
Step 5: Melt the caramels and cream in the microwave 15 seconds at a time, stirring until smooth.
Step 6: Drizzle the caramel over the pretzel pieces.
Step 7: Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt flakes on top of the bark.
Step 8: Chill the whole thing in the refrigerator until set.
Step 9: Break into small pieces, serve, and enjoy!
There are so many different ways to customize this easy recipe using your favorite things!
- Add potato chips instead of pretzels (or in addition to) for an extra salty crunch.
- If you’re making this recipe during the holidays, try adding crushed candy canes to your chocolate mixture.
- Some other simple ingredients you can try adding to your dark chocolate bark include toffee bits, homemade caramels, and peanut butter!
Can I use milk chocolate instead?
Yes! This recipe will work with either dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or semi-sweet chocolate chips. You could also use white chocolate chips too. It’s a very customizable recipe that you can make into your own.
How do I store the leftovers?
You can store this dark chocolate pretzel bark recipe leftovers in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks at room temperature or in the fridge.
If you’re looking for a great dessert that’s easy to make and will tickle your taste buds, this dark chocolate pretzel bark recipe is for you! Your family and friends will be begging for the recipe, so they can make it too.
Next time you need a holiday dessert or a quick and easy snack for movie night, make sure you have this dark chocolate pretzel bark recipe ready to go in your kitchen binder.
Love chocolate? Find more easy chocolate desserts here!
Have you tried this dark chocolate pretzel bark recipe? Let me know how it goes, and if you added anything else to make this recipe your own!